National Theatre Collection 3
This third National Theatre collection has launched with 10 performances, from Greek tragedy, a medieval morality play, and Shakespeare, to plays about Generation Z.
The collection will complete with a further 10 performances in February 2024, including: Othello, with Giles Terera (Hamilton) in the title role; and The Wife of Willesden, multi-award winning author Zadie Smith's adaptation of Chaucer's The Wife of Bath.
Watch trailers for several of the films in this collection here.
Also available: National Theatre Collection 1 and National Theatre Collection 2
Greek Tragedy to Shakespeare
- Phaedra: Writer-Director Simon Stone reimagines Seneca's famous tragedy
- Everyman: When Death comes calling, Everyman must abandon his hedonistic life and embark on a frantic search to find a friend that will speak in his defence. Chiwetel Ejiofor is Everyman, directed by Rufus Norris
- Antony and Cleopatra: Politics and passion are violently intertwined in Shakespeare's gripping tale of power. Ralph Fiennes and Sophie Okonedo star in the title roles
- Much Ado About Nothing: Escape to the Italian Riviera in Simon Godwin's production with a cast including Katherine Parkinson and John Heffernan
Adaptations of 19th and 20th Century Novels
- Wuthering Heights: Shot through with music and dance, Emma Rice transforms Emily Brontë's masterpiece into a passionate, powerful and uniquely theatrical experience
- The Book of Dust: Eighteen years after his groundbreaking production of His Dark Materials, Nicholas Hytner returns to Pullman's parallel universe to direct a spellbinding adaptation by Bryony Lavery
20th and 21st Century Plays
- The Crucible: Olivier Award-winner Lyndsey Turner directs this electrifying new production with designs by Es Devlin in a restaging of Arthur Miller's masterpiece
- Jack Absolute Flies Again: Richard Bean and Oliver Chris's play is based on Sheridan's 1775 play The Rivals, and stars Caroline Quentin, Laurie Davidson, Natalie Simpson and Kelvin Fletcher
Plays about Generation Z
- Our Generation: Created from five years of interviews with 12 young people from across the UK, this captivating coming-of-age play is for anyone who is – or has ever been – a teenager
- Shut Up, I'm Dreaming: The PappyShow's love letter to a new generation, directed by Kane Husbands and based on the views, ideas and experiences of teenagers
UK State Schools Provision
The National Theatre Collections are available to state-funded schools and FE colleges in the United Kingdom, free of charge. UK independent schools and sixth form colleges worldwide can request a trial and purchase the collection through JCS Online Resources: email@example.com.
Find out more here
UK Public Libraries Provision
The National Theatre Collection 3 is available to UK public libraries for screenings to library patrons who are on-site, free of charge.
Find out more here
The National Theatre Collection is supported by Richard and Kara Gnodde, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Sidney E. Frank Foundation, The Attwood Education Foundation, The Candide Trust, The Cranshaw Corporation for Mrs. Robert I. MacDonald, Barbara G. Fleischman, Linda Hackett, The Michael Marks Charitable Trust, and members of the NT Collection Syndicate.