translated by Nicholas Rudall
- 001_Introduction.mp3 0:00:38
- 002_Part 1_Oedipus is King of Thebes.mp3 0:13:57
- 003_Part 2_The Oracle of Delphi makes a prophecy.mp3 0:10:13
- 004_Part 3_Creon rallies against the King.mp3 0:08:50
- 005_Part 4_Queen Jocasta retells the history.mp3 0:10:06
- 006_Part 5_A Messenger brings news.mp3 0:08:10
- 007_Part 6_The Shepard reveals the truth.mp3 0:05:06
- 008_Part 7_A Messenger brings news of grief.mp3 0:04:36
- 009_Part 8_Tormented Oedipus re-enters.mp3 0:10:27
- 010_Part 9_Oedipus is no longer king.mp3 0:01:46
- 011_Credits.mp3 0:01:25
- 012_Audience Talkback with Nicholas Rudall.mp3 0:32:05
One of the first and greatest of all Greek tragedies, Harry Lennix stars as Oedipus, the king who unwittingly kills his father and marries his mother.
Includes a Q & A session with translator and director Nicholas Rudall. An L.A. Theatre Works full-cast performance featuring: Spencer Garrett as Shepard and Chorus Francis Guinan as Messenger and Chorus Gregory Itzin as Creon and Chorus Charles Kimbrough as Priest Of Zeus and Chorus Harry J. Lennix as Oedipus Rod Mclachlan as Second Messenger and Chorus Carolyn Seymour as Jocasta W. Morgan Sheppard as Tiresias Translated and directed by Nicholas Rudall. Recorded before a live audience at the Getty Center in Los Angeles.
Featuring: Francis Guinan, Charles Kimbrough, Harry J. Lennix, Spencer Garrett, Rod McLachlan, Carolyn Seymour, W. Morgan Sheppard